Pages

Wednesday 16 March 2011

Shocking Pilots

Today was a shocking change.

I got a call to work on a new pilot filming in a few days time, I donned my blacks and travelled to work, I would be the production runner for them. I got there a little early and helped make the queue cards. It always helps to turn up a little early just to make a good impression and it always ends up being useful.

if Carlsberg made crews this would be the crew they made.
The team were like nothing I have ever experienced in TV, everyone was so nice and I mean EVERYONE. If carlsberg made crews this would be the one they made!

Even though I didn't stop all day, managed to eat some dinner whilst walking down a corridor with the presenter I really enjoyed it. And we finished early!!! I know a miracle.

In TV, especially pilots you rarely run to time and never finish early. But today we were finished 2 hours early, one of the other runners went into the studio to check if anyone wanted drinks, to find it empty and the lights switched off. For a second they had to do a double take and check they had gone into the right studio.

It goes to show that if everyone is nice and everyone mucks in the job gets done a lot quicker and everyone enjoys it.

No comments:

Post a Comment